Trustees hear concerns, work update
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 10/29/2013 - 10:51pm
The Junior High School Library was filled with approximately 25 guests during the Yorktown Independent School District trustee regular meeting held on Oct. 21. Most of visitors were there to hear Deirdre Alexander and Danette Respondek give their public comment expressing their concerns for the students transferring out of the district and with teacher turnover from the previous school year. The board listened to the concerns but did not comment on the items.
Jim Singleton, owner of JSA Architects, discussed the status of construction. He reported that they have doubled up the construction crew for the elementary school and that the bus barn is on schedule.
Superintendent Alan Umholtz later explained part of the delay with the elementary school. He said that there were several red-lined items that had to be accomplished.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park