Animal cruelty charges face pair
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 11/05/2013 - 5:50pm
On Monday two arrest warrants were issued after Justice of the Peace Bill Robinson determined that there was enough evidence to charge Julian Perez, 61, and Cassandra Perez, 45,with cruelty to animals or livestock, a Class A misdemeanor.
They will be arrested with a $1,000 bond and will be have their trial at the DeWitt County Courthouse at a later date. Julian and Cassandra could be fined up to $4,000 and serve up to one year in jail.
Gilbert Garcia of Yorktown was given a warning in connection with the case and he will pay all the expenses concerning a deceased horse.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park