Veteran's Day ceremony at courthouse
A Veteran's Day service was held at the DeWitt County Courthouse Nov. 11. Harold W. Hartman, Cuero VFW commander, gave the welcome and led the Pledge of Allegiance. Tony Warzecha, Cuero VFW chaplain, gave the invocation and benediction. Barbara Hartman, Ladies Auxiliary president, gave the address. Those who attended the service are shown singing "American the Beautiful."
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park