CTHM opens doors Saturday
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 11/19/2013 - 4:28pm
“The herd is movin’ out.”
That is the way Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum labeled the completion and scheduled opening of a first class museum 10-plus years in the making.
To ‘take a ride back in time’, festivities begin Saturday, Nov. 23, when museum grounds open to visitors at 9 a.m. It is located at 302 N. Esplanade in Cuero.
Board chairman Robert Oliver and advisory board chairman Gay Ratliff will welcome guests followed by Bobbie Green McCarthy, former director of Save America’s Treasures.
Keynote speaker for the opening will be former Texas Governor, the honorable Mark White.
Tours of the museum start at 11:30 a.m.
Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum is the result of a vision by Oliver and a discussion by a small group here over 10 years ago.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park