Yorktown youngster improving
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 11/21/2013 - 6:12pm
Yorktown High School 10th grader Skylar Wilson is improving at Corpus Christi Driscoll Hospital following heart surgery Monday afternoon.
In a report to Yorktown ISD trustees at their meeting recently, Supt. Alan Umholtz indicated Wilson had collapsed at a basketball practice on Thursday, Nov. 14. Wildcat coaches provided CPR until Wilson responded and Yorktown EMS arrived.
Wilson was transported to DeTar Hospital in Victoria and later flown to Driscoll Childrens Hospital in Corpus Christi.
Reports indicate the student underwent surgery to repair a heart valve on Monday. Additional surgery was required Wednesday. On Friday Supt. Umholtz said Wilson was doing well and is expected to be home in about a week.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park