County makes plans for zones to assist with roads
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 11/26/2013 - 10:36am
It will take about a month but DeWitt County should have it’s plans in place by the end of December to create a request for grants to repair and replace damaged county roads.
At Monday’s commissioner’s court meeting, Judge Daryl Fowler presented the steps the county will take in the next 30 days that will allow it to establish County Energy Transportation Reinvestment Zone(s).
These CETRZ boundaries are necessary for the county (and any Texas county involved with shale oil discovery or production) to apply for part of $225 million set aside by the state to help with roads.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park