Yorktown NSDAR welcomed Inge Godfrey
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 11/26/2013 - 10:53am
Yorktown Bicentennial Chapter, NSDAR, welcomed San Antonio Fisher House official, Inge K. Godfrey, as guest speaker Nov. 14 at the Wells Fargo Bank in Cuero. A native of East Germany, Godfrey received her education in nursing and management in Germany and was engaged by the U. S. Military Intelligence Division as a German language instructor, among other duties related to the U. S. Military.
In 1985 she and her husband arrived in San Antonio, where he finished his military career. Then, in 1992 the first Fisher House was built at Fort Sam Houston and Godfrey was asked to manage it. In 1995 the second Fisher House was dedicated and in 2007 the third and fourth Fisher homes were built. The four houses can support 57 families. 2013 marks the 21st year Godfrey has overseen the needs of military families seeking the comfort of Fisher House.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park