Driver killed after truck catches fire
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 11/27/2013 - 1:00pm
A truck being driven westbound on State Highway 72 near Nordheim turned-over and caught fire, killing the driver. The wreck occured around 6:41 a.m.
According to DPS senior trooper Gerald Bryant, the Kenworth truck-tractor ran off the road to the right. The driver steered left to get back onto the roadway but overcorrected and landed on its right side in a ditch. The truck, loaded with crude oil, immediately caught fire.
The driver, Suzzie Queue, 53, of San Antonio, was pronounced dead on the scene by Bill Robinson, Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2. The truck was in use by Nabors Well Service out of Three Rivers.
The body was taken to Massey Funeral Home in Yorktown.
DPS troopers Elizabeth Tolbert and Frank Casillas of Cuero worked the scene of the wreck.
Bryant said the road will be closed for another two hours for clean-up.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park