NEF donates $5,000 to Nordheim ISD
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 12/10/2013 - 10:27am
The Nordheim Education Foundation gave $5,000 to Nordheim ISD for it’s Charting the Course Program and attendance awards. Charting the Course is a program that explores colleges and career choices.
Graduating students may apply for the $1,000 scholarship meeting certain criteria. This year the scholarship will extend to alumni students.
Seventy students received a prize for having perfect attendance for one six week period during the school year. Prizes ranged from board games to IPads and laptops.
Fourteen students received perfect attendance for either 1st or 2nd semester.
Two students received All Year Perfect attendance, Jackson Tam and Patrick Rohan.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park