Wellness Center construction begins Thursday
The DeWitt Medical Foundation sponsored a groundbreaking ceremony Dec. 13 for the construction of the new Wellness Center. The George Bishop Family Foundation donated to the project and the facility will be named in honor of Kathy Bishop. The two-story, 19,000 square feet center, under the construction of Weaver & Jacobs Constructors, will provide new amenities, including an indoor heated swimming pool, elevated indoor walking track, two full size aerobic/education rooms, spinning bikes and a racquet ball court. Construction begins Thursday, Dec. 19.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park