Christmas in Downtown event promotes community
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 12/17/2013 - 12:32pm
The setting was downtown Cuero, but the skating rink, snowglobe, carriage rides and carousel created a Christmas fantasy on Main Street.
The Christmas in Downtown event was sponsored by the City of Cuero and organized by the Main Street Program.
Bridgette Bise, Main Street executive director, said the event raised $11,000 in ticket sales and $4,075 in corporate sponsorships. The cost to fund the event was $19,000.
“Currently, the event is for families to come out and enjoy and to help promote and market downtown businesses,” Bise said. “As the event continues to grow, it will be a fundraiser for the Main Street Program. That’s what we’re working toward.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park