AEP shows off smart meters
Submitted by crecord2010 on Mon, 12/23/2013 - 10:30am
Pictured on the right is AEP senior corporate communications consultant Omar Lope explaining to Yorktown resident Frank Styra how the smart meter operates. Photo by Tim O’Malley/Yorktown News-View
There was an American Electric Power of Texas (AEP) mobile exhibit parked in front of the city library Dec. 19 to allow local residents to see what the smart meter was all about and to express concerns of having one installed.
AEP senior corporate communications consultant Omar Lopez said, “We have had a very good day here in Yorktown because a lot of people visited the trailer already.”
According to Lopez, approximately 20 people had already visited him starting as early as 8:30 a.m.
“The people were very friendly and allowed me to set up while answering their questions,” Lopez said. “The response has been mixed. Some have reservations. Some were comfortable with the idea of having one installed. Others still had their own feelings about the meter.”
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park