CHS principal submits resignation
Submitted by crecord2010 on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 4:33pm
The resignation from Cuero High School principal Michael Cavanaugh was accepted at the Dec. 19 Cuero ISD board of trustees meeting. Cavanaugh’s last day of employment will be June 30, the end of his contract.
Cavanaugh has been with the district for 15 years. He served as an administrator for nine years and CHS principal for seven years.
“Mr. Cavanaugh served the district with honor and pride as he emulated his catch phrase, ‘It’s a great day to be a Gobbler.’ His leadership will be missed, and his legacy will live on through the students whose lives were touched during his tenure,” Cuero ISD superintendent James Haley told the Record in an email.
Read more in next week’s edition of the Record. Call 275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park