Items stolen from church Christmas Eve
Submitted by crecord2010 on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 12:24pm
First Baptist Church of Westhoff appeared to be broken into on Christmas Eve. The church is on U.S. Highway 87.
“One of our church members, the ground maintenance supervisor, was at the church to turn on the water because of the freeze we had,” said Suzanne Collins, church trustee and treasurer. “He was also turning the heater on because we had a Christmas Eve service that night. He was getting things ready and noticed the door was open a little bit. [...] It looks like the striker on the door had been pried.”
Collins said a lockbox and laptop computer was missing from the church pastor’s office.
“We just want the documents back, we can always buy a new laptop,” Collins said.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park