Cross Trails Ministry gets waterslide
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 01/07/2014 - 10:13am
The annual Oktoberfest held at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Ander raised $8,345 for a water play feature at Lutheran Camp Chrysalis near Kerrville.
Included in the gift to the camp is a $1,500 matching grant from the Greater Victoria Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. The Oktoberfest was held Oct. 27.
The congregation’s gift will fund a water slide for the creek at Camp Chrysalis. Any remaining funds not used for the water slide to go toward purchasing Frisbee golf equipment for Ebert Ranch Camp near Harper.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park