Crossing country via underground
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 01/14/2014 - 10:57am
While traveling to Yorktown from the crossroads on State Highway 72 one may notice some pipeline construction just past the new Kinder Morgan Crude and Condensate (KMCC) DeWitt Station.
According to recent articles submitted by Melissa Ruiz, Manager of Corporate Community and Public Affairs with Kinder Morgan, Inc., Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. is expanding its KMCC deeper into Eagle Ford Shale play in Karnes County.
The expansion, supported by a long-term contract with ConocoPhillips, will extend the 178-mile pipeline 31 miles from the KMCC DeWitt Station to ConocoPhillips’ Central Delivery Facility near Helena in Karnes County.
According to the June 3, 2013 news release, this expansion can deliver up to 300,000 barrels per day of crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford Shale.
Read more in this edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park