Crossing country via underground
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 01/14/2014 - 10:57am
While traveling to Yorktown from the crossroads on State Highway 72 one may notice some pipeline construction just past the new Kinder Morgan Crude and Condensate (KMCC) DeWitt Station.
According to recent articles submitted by Melissa Ruiz, Manager of Corporate Community and Public Affairs with Kinder Morgan, Inc., Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. is expanding its KMCC deeper into Eagle Ford Shale play in Karnes County.
The expansion, supported by a long-term contract with ConocoPhillips, will extend the 178-mile pipeline 31 miles from the KMCC DeWitt Station to ConocoPhillips’ Central Delivery Facility near Helena in Karnes County.
According to the June 3, 2013 news release, this expansion can deliver up to 300,000 barrels per day of crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford Shale.
Read more in this edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits