Wrecks, fire dominate reports
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 01/14/2014 - 10:36am
DeWitt County first responders were kept busy in the last several days with wrecks and fire in the western portion of the county.
A two vehicle wreck on Jan. 8 near the intersection of Hwy. 183 and 237 resulted in one man taken by ambulance to a Victoria hospital.
A 2008 Toyota driven by Larry White, 73, of Yorktown was involved in a wreck with a 2002 Kenworth truck-trailer driven by William McKinlay, 47, of Williams, Arkansas. The truck belonged to Martins Trucking Service of Williams, Ark.
Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and White was transported to DeTar Hospital in Victoria as a result of his injuries.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park