San Pedro Cemetery recognized by state
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 01/15/2014 - 3:54pm
San Pedro Cemetery at Concrete has been recognized by the Texas Historical Commission. A historical marker dedication ceremony was held Jan. 11.
The opening prayer was given by Cricelia Uresti. Marker significance was told by Rosie Guevara Reyes. The unveiling of the marker was done by Cricelia Uresti, Amelia Lopez Reyna and Jessica Guevara. Jessica Guevara was substituted for Estelle R. Matusa, who could not attend the event.
Founding fathers of the cemetery were Mateo Lopez, Epimenio Lopez, Atilano Garcia, Ambrosio Garcia, Jose Garcia and Antonio Rodriguez. Their descendants were recognized.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park