Chamber announces award recipients at banquet
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 01/23/2014 - 3:51pm
The Cuero Chamber of Commerce Agriculture & Visitor’s Center hosted the membership social and awards presentation Jan. 15 at The Venue on Church Street.
The Larry Carter Community Service Award was presented to Brenda Martin.
Robert Oliver, chairman of the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum, was the recipient of the Agricultural Achievement Award.
Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative was named the 2013 Business of the Year. Wayne Hillman, GVEC DeWitt district representative, and Gerri Lawing, GVEC economic development coordinator, accepted the award.
Hunter Fales, Sammy Rojas and Jennifer Sturm were nominated for the Citizen of Tomorrow Award. Rojas was named the recipient of the award.
Keith Goebel was recognized for his help and guidance organizing the World Series of Cuero fundraiser.
Read more in next week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Shown from left, Brenda Martin, Larry Carter Community Service Award recipient; Gerri Lawing and Wayne Hillman of GVEC accept the 2013 Business of the Year Award; Keith Goebel; and Sammy Rojas, Citizen of Tomorrow Award recipient. Robert Oliver, chairman of the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum, is not shown. Cuero Record photo.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park