Cuero ISD superintendent's contract renewed
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 5:07pm
Cuero ISD superintendent James Haley had his contract renewed at the regular Jan. 16 board of trustees meeting. His contract was extended three years through 2017. The vote was unanimous, 7–0.
“I would like to take a moment and express my gratitude for my position as superintendent of Cuero ISD. I look forward to all that is ahead for the Gobblers,” Haley told the Record.
Two board positions, held by Polly Laging and Pat Koranek, are up for election in May.
Haley and the board of trustees will meet Jan. 29 for training with Region III Education Service Center director Dr. Julius D. Cano. Board goals will be established, the board will develop an evaluation form to measure the accomplishment of district goals, and the group will begin working on board operating procedures, Haley said.
The next regular board meeting will be held Thursday, Feb. 13.
Subscribe to the Record to follow school board news. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park