St. Mark's Church announces council
The following members began their 2-year terms on St. Mark’s Lutheran Church Council in Cuero on Jan. 1. Clarence Wessels was elected as president of the council, Lois Tolbert as Christian education chair, Charles Klaevemann as property chair, and Jerry Pierce as stewardship chair.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park