Worker injured near here
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 10:04am
High winds contributed to an oilfield injury in DeWitt County last week.
The incident occurred on Thursday, Jan. 23, around 3:30 p.m. as a pipeline crew was working in the 5000 block of Cabeza Road near Nordheim.
A weather front moved into the county causing high winds. It is believed the winds resulted in downing a utility pole. The electrical line came into contact with the machinery workers were using on the pipeline.
Injured was Maximiliano Morin-Avalos, 22, of Sealy. He was taken by Yorktown EMS to DeTar Hospital in Victoria for treatment. He was later transferred to a hospital in San Antonio and was listed in stable condition.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park