City receives airport input
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/04/2014 - 1:19pm
The city is a step closer to determining future plans for the airport. With information cumulated by QED Airport and Aviation Consultants, city leaders hope to gauge the overall interest in the city’s existing airport to determine a plan of action. Financial estimates of each plan have also been calculated by QED. This information has been presented to the Cuero Municipal Airport Committee and will be presented to city council next month.
The city distributed and collected surveys last fall. The city asked for participation from pilots, aircraft owners, major employers in DeWitt County, oil and gas companies in DeWitt County, and regional businesses engaged in the oil and gas activity in DeWitt County. Nearly 350 surveys were mailed out and 50 were returned. Nine members of the general public also obtained and returned surveys from the city website.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park