Heart fundraiser at Meyersville School Feb. 14
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/04/2014 - 11:39am
Students at Meyersville School are jumping at the chance to fight heart disease and stroke. On Friday, Feb. 14, Meyersville School will host its first annual Hoops For Heart event to raise money for the American Heart Association, which funds lifesaving heart and stroke research and community and educational programs for our youth.
Hoops For Heart teaches students how physical fitness benefits the heart and shows them that volunteering can be a fun and positive experience for the whole community. The need to educate children about the importance of physical activity couldn’t be timelier. According to recent studies, about one-third of children ages 2 to 19 are overweight and obese.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park