UIL moves YHS into Class 2A, Div. II, Dist. 14
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/04/2014 - 11:07am
Yorktown’s Wildcats and Kitty Kats will see a little shorter travel distance for its district games in the next school year as a result of reclassification.
University Interscholastic League released its biennial reclassification results Monday morning.
The new classification will see Yorktown High School moved to Class 2A Division 2 District 14 which will include Falls City, Kenedy, Louise and Runge.
Because the UIL created a new conference for the larger school districts - 6A, the enrollment cut-offs saw Yorktown moved from 1A to 2A. Conference 2A is now for school districts with enrollments from 105 to 219. The Division 2 schools have enrollments of 105 to 157. Coach Ty Robinson said Yorktown’s enrollment is 139.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park