Cuero woman killed in single vehicle wreck
Submitted by crecord2010 on Fri, 02/07/2014 - 12:18pm
Cuero PD officers were dispatched to a single vehicle wreck at the intersection of North Terrell and West Live Oak streets at approximately 4:09 a.m. Friday, according to a report from chief Jay Lewis.
Upon arrival, officers found the driver of a green 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee to have been ejected from the vehicle and unresponsive. Cuero EMS was called and attempted to revive the driver without success.
Sophia Ann Hernandez, 26, of Cuero, was pronounced dead by Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 Bill Robinson.
Cause of the wreck is under investigation. Early indications suggest speed as a contributing factor. Further details are pending.
Read more info as it becomes available at www.CueroRecord.com.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park