Alan Umholtz contract extended through 2017
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/11/2014 - 12:28pm
Yorktown Independent School District superintendent Alan Umholtz had his contract renewed at the regular Jan. 27 board of trustees meeting. His contract was extended three years through 2017. The vote was unanimous, 7-0.
The board of trustees are discussing the possibility that the DeWitt-Lavaca Special Education Coop use Yorktown ISD facilities for the southern part of the coop (Norhiem, Westoff, Meyersville...etc).
Umholtz said, “The students could attend our campus instead of driving to Yoakum next year and the Yoakum ISD/Co-op would still be in charge of the program (Life Skills Students).”
The Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Employee Survey is almost complete. According to Umholtz the board should have the results by the next board meeting.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park