Bryan Gonzales chosen as art finalist
Students from the DeWitt–Lavaca Special Education Co-Op participated in the local Houston Livestock Show School Art Contest, held in Victoria Jan. 11. Winning artwork received a blue, red or white ribbon. If a piece received a blue ribbon, it was judged a second time for an opportunity to enter the Houston Livestock Show School Art Contest in March. These pieces also received a black ribbon. Five finalists were chosen. Shown from left, Javaghan Mayberry of Yoakum ISD received a red ribbon; Bryan Gonzales of Yorktown ISD received a black ribbon; and Emmanuel Galvan of Yoakum ISD received a blue ribbon. Contributed photo.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park