Nordheim asks county for resolution
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/11/2014 - 1:55pm
About 20 residents of the Nordheim area met with DeWitt County Commissioners Court Monday morning asking for support to stop the construction of waste disposal facilities.
Speaking for the group was former county commissioner Gilbert Pargramm of Nordheim. He said Pyote Reclamation Systems has requested permits from Texas Railroad Commission to build oil and gas waste disposal and land treatment facilities near Nordheim.
Residents in that community have asked RRC to not grant the permits. They are now asking the county to issue a resolution for RRC to deny the permits.
Pargmann said one of the waste disposal facilities would be within a quarter-mile of Nordheim’s only water well. He said
they would also be located near Smith Creek.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park