OKMH reduces cardiac transfers
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 12:22pm
Since 1975, Otto Kaiser Memorial Hospital have been serving Karnes County community making it their purpose to become the healthcare provider of choice, to exceed expectations and improve community health while remaining affordable and a stable force in their community.
Barbara James, director of marketing and public relations said, “We are the first critical care access hospital in the state to have [telecardiology program] available to a rural community.”
Telecardiology is a network that helps improve care by connecting patients with doctors and specialists, regardless of their location. These networks allow immediate consultations with heart specialists at top hospitals without the need for travel.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park