Vietnam veterans seeking 12 photos
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 12:41pm
Bill Bertholf said he was frustrated after a recent visit to the library. He wanted to use the microfilm machine to find photos, but left the library empty handed. Bertholf is looking for photos of the 12 men from DeWitt County who died in the Vietnam War.
“I went through the archives in the library and there was not a picture of one,” Bertholf said. “I just could not believe there were no pictures in the archives. There were pictures of those [who served], guys who got wounded. But there was not a picture of anyone who passed. I thought, ‘Oh boy.’ I thought it was going to be an easy project, but it’s not.”
Bertholf, who served as a ranger for the United States Army from 1962 to 1965, is a member of the DeWitt County Veitnam Veterans of America organization. He is looking for photos because the group wants to honor these men on the group’s parade float. The photos will be blown up and placed on the sides of the float.
Read more in this week's editions of Yorktown News-View and the Cuero Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park