Watson, Cotman advance to Regional Spelling Bee contest
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 10:36am
After 18 rounds of spelling words, the two finalists who will advance to the Regional Spelling Bee are Brady Watson and Muriel Cotman with Kesli Pratka as the alternate.
The Dewitt County Spelling Bee was held on Feb. 13 at St. Mark’s Lutheran Fellowship Hall where 15 students competed representing schools throughout DeWitt county.
Watson, 6th grader from Cuero Intermediate, and Cotman, a home school student from The Acorn School, will advance to the Regional Spelling Bee competition to be held at Johnson Symposium Center in Victoria on March 18. If either winner is unable to attend Pratka, 6th grader from Cuero Intermediate, will fill in.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park