Yeretsky, Buesing medaled at Region III Technology Olympics
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 12:36pm
Andrew Yeretsky, a student at Yorktown Elementary, and Stephanie Buesing, a student at Yorktown Junior High, competed in the Region III Technology Olympics for Students with Visual Impairment. The event was held on Jan. 31 at the Region III Education Service Center in Victoria.
Students with visual impairment from many districts throughout Region III participated in the event. The Technology Olympics gave students an opportunity to showcase their skills using technology devices that they use to help them access school curriculum and perform daily activities.
Andrew and Stephanie both competed in two events, earning medals for their outstanding performances. Andrew won first place in the Intermediate iPad event and first place in the Intermediate CCTV/Video Magnifier event. Stephanie won first place in the Telescope event and third place in the Intermediate CCTV/Video Magnifier event. Andrew and Stephanie also received ribbons for successfully completing the scavenger hunt event.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park