Yorktown FFA Show winners
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 4:05pm
Beautiful blue skies prevailed over the Yorktown FFA Stock Show and Sale held this weekend at the recently completed brand new show and bus barn. Attendance was good, sales were swift, and the show was well supported with generous buyers. Auctioneer Joe Adams kept things moving with his usual dry wit. This year’s show was dedicated to long-term show bid spotter, Leroy Ruppert, who was at his traditional post at the show ring gate.
Yorktown High School Senior Doss Torrez swept the show, exhibiting both the Grand Champion steer and Grand Champion lamb, as well as taking the Showmanship buckles for steers and lambs. Emily Gwosdz won Showmanship in the hog division. The dynamic duo of Caleb Lemke and Clay Roeder exhibited the Grand Champion shop project, which was a BBQ pit.
Torrez’s 1,295-pound Grand Champion steer sold for $7,500 and was purchased by Top Dog, Citizens Bank, Finch Funeral Home, Donald and Peggy Stanchos, Aaron and Erin Koopman, Novac Diesel Services, Massey Funeral Home, and South Texas Air-Conditiong/Matt Metting. His 139-pound Grand Champion lamb was purchased by Debbie and Steven Kneese for $6,500.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park