Librarian Barbara Jacob retires after 20 years with the city
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 10:34am
After over 20 years, Cuero librarian Barbara Jacob is ready to turn the page into the next chapter of her life: Retirement. The City of Cuero will host a retirement party for Jacob from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20. Jacob started working at the library in March 1992. Before arriving at the Cuero library, she was the librarian at Meyersville School for five years.
In her two decades at the library, Jacob said she and her staff have witnessed the growing demand of computers.
“The computers were the biggest change,” Jacob said. “We spend a lot of time helping patrons use the computers. So many jobs now require online applications and many patrons have little computer experience and need our help filling them out.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Cuero Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park