13 pound cabbage harvested
Ronnie Slovacek harvested this Flat Dutch Cabbage this morning. The cabbage, weighing over 13 pounds, was planted this first week of October in his home garden outside of Cuero. Slovacek said he used 13-13-13 feritilizer and a handful of Miracle Gro before planting his cabbages. Other cabbages from his garden weigh around 8 to 10 pounds, but this is the largest. Contributed photo.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park