Light as a feather - not, bird knocks out power
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/25/2014 - 10:35am
It was “lights out” for Yorktown and area residents last Wednesday evening, Feb. 19, when a high voltage transmission line providing electricity to the city lost power. Residents and businesses were without power for approximately 2-2.5 hours before power was restored.
Also during the evening, a major water main break occurred at the intersection of Highway 72 and 119. According to Yorktown City Secretary Robert Mendez, Quest Utilities of San Antonio, contracted with AT&T, hit a water line while drilling for a new post.
Yorktown Police Department and TxDOT officials monitored the intersections during the outage, since the traffic lights were not operating. Several of the local business closed temporarily during the outage.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park