Students explore CTHM
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/25/2014 - 4:45pm
John C. French students took a break from their classrooms and headed to Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum Feb. 24. Peggy Ledbetter, Candy Glidden and Dan Glidden welcomed the 40 students to the museum in full costume.
“Mrs. Rose and I took our students to the museum as part of project based lesson called “Texas Our Texas.” We have been learning about what makes Texas so wonderful and so great like the history of the Chisholm Trail, cattle drives and the life of a cowboy,” said John C. French kindergarten teacher Cynthia Warzecha. “[The students] thought it was so fun [...] The museum staff was so wonderful and accomodating to our students.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park