Chisolm's Trail cowboy culture to hit social studies textbook
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/04/2014 - 10:26am
In the three short months of its opening, the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum has become one of the area’s best resources on cowboy culture. But soon the museum’s reach will extend to thousands of elementary students in Texas.
Pearson producer Dana Damiano from Chandler, Ariz. stopped by the museum with videographer and photographer Paul Ramirez, also of Chandler, Ariz. on Feb. 6.
Damiano said she learned about the museum after a quick web search.
“I did a search on cowboys, cattling and ranching in Texas and came across the [museum’s] website,” Damiano said. “It was fantastic, well done and impressive. It gave a lot of information.”
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park