Robinson secures Republican nomination for justice of the peace
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 03/05/2014 - 10:40am
There was only one contested local race in Tuesday’s primaries. Interest in voting was reflected in the low turnout as only 14% of the registered voters went to the polls.
DeWitt County Justice of the Peace Precinct 2 saw incumbent Bill Robinson receive 60% (552) of the votes while challenger Brian Carson received 40% (371). That contest was in the Republican primary.
According to DeWitt Election Administrator Patty Strieber, 1,680 votes were cast in this county out of 11,784 registered voters.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park