Over half a million spent at auction
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/11/2014 - 2:44pm
“It just keeps getting better.”
That was the talk after Friday night’s Cuero Livestock Show auction broke previous records for the amount bid for the youngster’s projects.
Show managers report the auction totaled $444,100 for 146 projects sold. With $28,000 worth of add-ons after the auction, the total was $472,100.
With the commercial heifer sale on Thursday that totaled $103,700, the total amount spent at auction this year was $575,800.
That beat last year’s total of $520,000 by $55,800.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe today.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park