Tractor-trailer overturns losing load
Yorktown Volunteer Fire Department (YVFD), DeWitt County Sheriff’s Department (DCSO), TxDOT and Yorktown EMS responded to a call Thurs. afternoon, March 6, to Hwy. 119 North where a gravel truck overturned, spilling a load of limestone rock onto the roadway, approximately 3 miles north of city limits. According to the DCSO, the driver of the gravel truck was traveling south on Hwy. 119 when he lost control of the truck and trailer, which turned over spilling the contents of the load. The driver sustained minimal injuries in the accident but refused further medical treatment. TxDOT crews worked to clean up the mess. News-View Photo by Mari Gohlke.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park