Fatal wreck Thursday
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/25/2014 - 11:02am
Yorktown Police Department, along with Yorktown Volunteer Fire Department and Yorktown Emergency Medical Service, responded to a fatal accident at 5:30 p.m. on March 20, eight miles out of Yorktown.
Michael Allen Dean, 29 years old of Port Lavaca, worked for Peak Oilfield Service. Dean was driving a water truck traveling on F.M. 237, three miles east of U.S. Highway 183 South. According to Yorktown Police sergeant Richard Ramirez, Dean overturned off a “S” curve.
Yorktown Fire Marshall said, “We got on the scene and set up extrication tools (jaws of life). [It took us nearly 30 minutes] to extricate the individual.”
Department of Public Safety lists wreck as this county’s first fatality of the new year.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park