Fowler completes Basics of County Investments Course
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/25/2014 - 1:17pm
AUSTIN — Honorable Daryl Fowler, DeWitt County Judge, has completed the Basics of County Investments Course presented by the Texas Association of Counties.
The course meets the educational requirements of the Texas Public Funds Investment Act and includes presentations on products and services in the public funds markets and updates on the latest laws and strategies. Course topics include how to put together an investment policy, allowable investment options, how to manage the various types of risk and how to compute investment yields. Course graduates are in a better position to ensure the safety of principal, portfolio liquidity and appropriate returns — three key areas of concern for county investments.
Read more in this week's editions of the Record and the News-View. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits