Relay for Life of DeWitt County honors 3
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/25/2014 - 1:41pm
The 100th anniversary of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life was celebrated in DeWitt County at the annual event held March 21. This year’s event was held in honor of Johana Kurtz, Paula Layne Hamilton and Regina Campbell. The event was held in memory of Leroy Lopez.
Two of the honorees, Campbell and Hamilton, shared their experiences with the Record.
Campbell, an employee of Cuero ISD, said she was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. She made the decision not have have chemotherapy or radiation treatments, but to undergo a mastectomy.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park