Boys & Girls Club building needs repairs
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/01/2014 - 4:20pm
Not much discussion was held regarding the future plans for the Cuero Municipal Airport. QED Aviation and TxDot Aviation representatives attended a special meeting March 6 to make a presentation on the city’s options regarding the airport. The options are to continue operating the existing airport with some improvements; closing the existing airport and building a new airport at a new location; or closing the existing airport.
Doyle Cruz made a motion to request the city manager Raymie Zella determine the steps in closing the municipal airport at the March 25 meeting. All council members were in favor of the motion.
The council discussed the use of the former senior citizens building in the municipal park for the Boys & Girls Club of DeWitt County. The organization is not in operation yet but hopes to have the building ready for use before the summer.
Council members were given a list of deficiencies of the building. Zella requested action be taken so the city could hire an architect to develop a plan to fix the deficiencies and determine the cost of repairs.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park