Grave decoration service planned April 27 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/15/2014 - 1:40pm
A grave decoration service and 60th anniversary observance commemorating the closing of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Kilgore will be held on April 27 at the Kilgore Cemetery at 214 Kilgore Road in Goliad. John Delis, minister of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Ander, will lead the service beginning at 3 p.m.
The cemetery and its connecting grounds are the site of the former St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, which closed as a congregation in 1954. Former members, families and friends of St. Paul’s and the Kilgore community are invited to attend this service. Anyone who has photos or other items from St. Paul’s Church they would like to display at the meeting are asked to bring them before the service begins.
Prior to the Sunday service, families are encouraged to clean and decorate family grave sites. The annual Kilgore Cemetery Association meeting will follow the service.
For more info, call Kathy Albrecht, secretary of the Kilgore Cemetery Association at 361-645-3912.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park