Yorktown Elementary students collect $1,175.48 for Pennies for Patients program
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/15/2014 - 11:36am
Yorktown Elementary School students collected spare change and other donations to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Pennies for Patients program. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.
Students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth Grades collected a grand total of $996.88. Miss Martenson’s class turned in the largest amount of money. Her students collected $178.60. Each student in the winning class received a t-shirt from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Mrs. Sylvia Hernandez, YES Principal, and Mrs. Lori Potcinske, Pennies for Patients organizer, thank students and parents for their help in making this event a success.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park