4 congregations meet on Palm Sunday
The Catholic, Episcopalian, Methodist and Presbyterian congregations of Cuero entered Holy Week by meeting at the DeWitt County Courthouse lawn March 13. After praying together, pastors led their congregations to their respective sanctuaries in a Palm Processional. Shown from left, Deacon Leo Sharon of St. Michael’s Catholic Church, Father David Berger of St. Michael’s Catholic Church, the Rev. Bill Cotman of First Presbyterian Church of Cuero, the Rev. Eric Fenton of Grace Episcopal Church, the Rev. Michael Mumme of First United Methodist Church, Ryder Calliham and Christopher Lassman. Contributed photo.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park