Eight Yorktown students advance to Regional IV UIL Academic meet
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 11:13am
On March 28 at the Blinn College campus in Schulenburg, seventeen students from Yorktown High School competed in the District 28-A academic meet, sponsored by the University Interscholastic League (UIL).
The YHS accounting team earned first place honors for the highest score, advancing to the Region IV meet with team members Danielle Penn in first place, Abigail Lodeweges in third place, and Victoria Pena in fifth place.
The social studies team received the silver medal earned by JD Parrett, who placed sixth individually, along with team members Grant Allman, Paige Milson, and Jamie Bolting.
Senior James Semper took home the gold medal in science, plus an additional first place medal for the top score in chemistry, and also earning a fourth place ribbon in number sense. James advances to the regional science competition.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park